Saturday, March 22, 2014

Journal 11

I can't believe that this semester is so close to being done.  I have to find an internship still and I am starting to get worried.  I guess I have not jumped on it as much as I should have because usually jobs just fall into my hands.  I keep hoping and praying I will find something.  This week was a pretty good one I think.  It all seems like a blur to me though.

I liked the article about money a lot.  It made me think about the lenses that I see money.  I definitely see it in a different lens than my husband does.  I want to remember what I wrote about it so I can come back and read it someday.  I have liked doing these blogs and have started a family blog because I am not good at journaling and this is helping me.  I have seen a lot when it comes to money.  I grew up in a family where we had a lot of money.  We were very well off and we were blessed.  My dad worked hard for us but still took time for us which was important to me.  As the economy went down a few years ago my dad’s building business went down too.  We had to move and save money a lot.  It was a lot different for me but I sure learned a lot.  I learned how to save and where and when to spend my money.  Because of that I was able to put myself through college.  My husband’s family is amazed at how I could do that all by myself.  I just say I did what I had to.  Because of this I was really good at budgeting and keeping track of my money.  I love money but sometimes it is hard to work with. I view money as a good thing if you are using it right.  A budget is such a great thing!  My husband and I budget and it has really helped us.  As newly married we need that and we need the knowledge that I have.  I was talking to my husband the other day and I said “when I worked at BR and asked if people wanted a receipt and they said no it made me cringe.”  He said that before he met me he never took his receipts or really kept good track of his money.  I am glad that he sees things differently through a different lenses per say.

No comments:

Post a Comment